A Look Into Malta’s Independent Movie Scene III

A Look Into Malta’s Independent Movie Scene III

Part three of Underground Sound’s look into Malta’s independent movie scene brings us to the web series Gypsy & The Devil, which is now currently in production of the third series.

The series explores tarot reading, tarot cards, astrology and crystals.We had a chat with producer Faye Alamango.

Faye Alamango

Gypsy & The Devil is a new and original Maltese web series which is available to watch on YouTube and tells the tale of a tarot reader in Malta who runs into some bad luck with the Devil and now she’s on the run. Faye tells us that the web series was supposed to be a documentary to promote her tarot reading business online and to get more customers to interact with her social media pages Fire & Moon Dust, but then it turned into a crazy idea to move away from a documentary into an actual fictional movie/web series.


Faye goes on to say: “I’m not some big shot film maker just a former chef in a small pub, that does tarot readings on the side who came up with this insane idea that has huge potential to become something bigger. I’ve been shown a lot of love and support from people around me as I embarked on this project in fact 90% of the actors  I used in the series where close friends and regular customers, from a bar I worked at as a Chef  in Marsaskala. The remaining 10% had experience as extras onset who had seen the first episode of my project and wanted to be part of it.


“A personal mission of mine is to spread the word on the island about Gypsy & The Devil  and to increase subscribers/viewers on our YouTube channel. I would also like and to gain support from the film community here in Malta, in the hope that we can continue the filming of Gypsy & The Devil and future projects by making funds more widely available”.


Photography Courtesy of Faye Alamango.                                                                                                                           

Words by:Ian Hinksman.